What Is Hidden Mining, Why Is It Dangerous and How to Delete the Virus?
It often happens that when a new method of earning arises, some people begin to create dishonest schemes for its use. Today we will talk about such a concept as hidden mining. In this article you will learn how the intruders take possession of the computing power of unsuspecting people. We'll figure out how to test your computer for such mining viruses and delete them without consequences for your own equipment. So, let's talk about everything step-by-step. Contents: (please, click the topic to scroll down to it)
- What is hidden mining?
- The principle of hidden mining
- How to find and delete the shady mining virus from your PC?
- Test the operation of the device during the execution of simple tasks;
- Open more complex programs, such as games;
- Run a load test of the graphics card and CPU during operation and after closing background applications;
- Analyze the indicators in all of the above loads.
- First, backup all of your important files to an external storage device. It is very important, do not make a full backup of the files, as in this case you will transfer a virus file as well.
- Next, install a fresh update of the antivirus software. Additionally, you can install the program CCleaner, it works well in tandem with the antivirus and will increase the chances of completely removing the "program metastases" of the miner.
- Before you perform a search on the mining virus, close all applications that run in the background. This is necessary in order to make it easier to recognize malicious software, as it is often masked by the standard processes of the system.
- Get rid of all programs or games that were downloaded from questionable sites. After that, run a deep scan of the system for viruses and study all the processes in the task manager, if any of them loads the processor more than 15-20%, then most likely it is the hidden miner.
- More complex miners are not displayed in the task manager, and you will need to download and install a special plugin that neutralizes spyware in automatic mode to get rid of it, for example, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, CurelT, etc.
- If nothing helps, you should perform a full formatting of the hard disk and reinstall the operating system.