In 2015, after the launch of the Ethereum blockchain, the cryptocurrency industry was transformed beyond recognition. In this article, we will talk about why Ethereum is such a unique product, how to mine it, and we will definitely touch upon the urgent topic of the rapid fall of its price.
(please, click the topic to scroll down to it)
- Features of the second most popular cryptocurrency
- More about the Ethereum mining
- Why has the Ethereum price recently dropped so much?
1. Features of the second most popular cryptocurrency
Ethereum project is not just a digital coin, it is also a full-fledged platform based on which you can create your own decentralized applications. Another feature of the project is the support of smart contracts, which can potentially be implemented in any sphere of life. Thanks to Ethereum, a number of new decentralized projects began to appear on the market, that, in turn, accelerated the development of the entire cryptocurrency industry.
Ethereum is much more innovative than Bitcoin, it is often called cryptocurrency 2.0. Some of the largest banks in the world are already starting to work with the Ethereum platform, as they see the capacity of it, for example, Sberbank of Russia. Ethereum is almost the main popularizer of the blockchain technology for various types of business. It is also worth noting that transactions in the Ethereum network take an average of 20-30 seconds, whereas in the industry leader (BTC) this rate is approximately 10 minutes.
2. More about the Ethereum mining
The Ethereum blockchain works on the PoW algorithm, so the coin can be mined by the usual way for most users, by installing computing equipment or by using the services of data centers. Despite the fact that the coin is very popular, the complexity of its network is not too great yet, in order to start mining it at home.
- The block size of the Ethereum varies from 20 to 30KBytes;
- The average time between blocks is 14.4 seconds;
- Reward for the new block is 3ETH;
- The complexity of the network is 3129P.
The coin can be mined either independently or by joining a mining pool. It should be said that the second option is much more profitable and useful unless you have hundreds of thousands of dollars of initial investments. Another option for the mining of the Ethereum is cloud mining. It certainly eliminates many worries associated with servicing the farm, but results in profit which is much lower.
3. Why has the Ethereum price recently dropped so much?
Due to the great popularity and unlimited emission of the Ethereum tokens, the project has an inflation rate of about 10% per year. Vitalik Buterin, on behalf of the entire development team, said about the sharding of the network and the transition to Proof-of-Stake (Casper) protocols, which will reduce inflation by almost 20 times.
According to the graph of CoinMarketCap, the Ethereum price has grown from $8.33 to $1 378 over the past year, which gives 16 500% of rise. Unfortunately, this year we see a reverse picture of what is happening. At the time of writing, the rate of the second most popular coin fell to a psychological mark of $200 per coin. There are a number of reasons for such a precipitous fall, which we will discuss further:
- General correction of the market. All 2018 the bears rules on the market, so all the coins lost from 60% to 90% of their peak values.
- Forced sale of the Ethereum. The ICO market is developing rapidly over the past years. New blockchain startups, which created their products on the Ethereum blockchain, collected investments in ETH. After a successful ICO, developers need to cash out some of these investments in order to develop their project. Mass sale of an asset entails a decrease in its value.
- Competitors. The market is beginning to appear quite promising projects, which, potentially, can solve all the problems of their older brother, such as EOS, NEO, Tezos, Cardano, etc. Of course, they are still far from the brainchild of Vitalik Buterin, but this is a very fast-moving industry, where changes occur at the speed of light.
Ethereum is an innovative locomotive of the cryptocurrency industry. Almost anyone can create smart contracts and their own decentralized projects with its help. The coin certainly has a certain number of problems that hinder its further development. The development team is actively engaged in their solution.
The coin rate has fallen dramatically, but this is not a reason to panic and sell off your coins. Fundamentally, nothing has changed, the project is still one of the most innovative in the market, so with a high degree of probability, it will have a bright future. And the temporary fluctuations of the exchange rate can be nothing more than market manipulation of the bears.
Subscribe to The Coin Shark news in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coinshark/