The project, which will be discussed today, is a truly universal solution, since it is simultaneously:
- innovative software;
- a payment network with a large bandwidth;
- a decentralized stock exchange;
- a banking institution;
- a community;
- a decentralized and reliable database.
The developers of this coin took all the best from the original blockchain Bitcoin and made a number of changes, which, in their opinion, the first cryptocurrency lacked. So, let’s begin our acquaintance with the Bitshares cryptocurrency.
(please, click the topic to scroll down to it)
- History of the project
- Technical information about the coin
- How to mine Bitshares?
- What are the Bitshares coins necessary for?
Basically, this project is the fruit of the labors of two people. The idea of the Bitshares coin came to Dan Larimer back in the 2013. He spent a huge amount of work and managed to lay the foundation for the future development of the project. But it still wasn’t the coin we know today: Charles Hoskinson (one of the leading developers of Ethereum) helped. This rather media tandem played an important role in the successful launch of the project.
In early June 2013, entrepreneur Larimer showed the world his offspring, and then the first large investor appeared. After a short period of time, a full-scale presentation of the project took place in Atlanta.
The first product of the development team was BitShares (PTS) ProtoShares, for the creation of which the most advanced and innovative solutions in cryptography were used. After a short period of time, the project was renamed BitShares X, and many built-in services had already been integrated into it. The project was formed in the form, in which we now know it, as a result of the merger of several products into one in the fourth quarter of 2014.
8 facts you need to know about the Bitshares cryptocurrency:
- It takes the 30th place in the global rating of CoinMarketCap;
- The capitalization of the coin is about 565 million dollars;
- The rate of Bitshares (at the end of July 2018) is about 21 cents;
- The network is built on the PoS algorithm;
- The claimed throughput is about 100 thousand transactions per second, although the current checks confirmed only 4 thousand / sec;
- Time of block generation takes from one and a half to three seconds;
- Remuneration is 1 BTS;
- The total issue of coins is 3.6 billion pieces.
During the development of his new project, Larimer decided that the entire current mining concept could not withstand any criticism and needed reformation. In his opinion, the PoW algorithm can completely override the main feature of blockchain technology, namely decentralization. Since in countries with relatively cheap electricity potentially there can be large players who will be able to seize power over the network.
In addition, within the usual mining, the complexity of the network inevitably grows, which, over time, makes the process of mining coins unprofitable for the vast majority of miners who do not have large computing powers. A Bitshares coin can be obtained by anyone using an average home computer. You can also receive new BTS simply by storing coins on the official Bitshares Wallet.
This cryptocurrency can be used in various scenarios, but its main advantages are:
- relatively low volatility, compared to other coins;
- the existence of a unit of account;
- the possibility of hedging, which can protect against losses.
The Bitshares project is a universal product, within which a variety of different services are integrated. The platform is already working for about four years and every year attracts more and more new users. The coin is included in the TOP-30 cryptocurrency projects, it can be considered as an investment asset. According to experienced traders, it is possible to allocate no more than 5% from the portfolio on BTS.
Subscribe to The Coin Shark news in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coinshark/