Study: Only 2% of Russians Refused Using Cash
The questionnaire carried by Levada Lab tells, only 2% of residents of the Russian Federation refused using cash.
- More than 89% of respondents constantly use cash
- 58% sometimes use debit cards
- 13% of respondents often use contactless payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay)
- 6% have electronic wallets (Yandex Money, Qiwi, etc.)
- And only 2% completely stopped using cash.
This seems to be a small figure, but given that all this happened in the shortest possible time, it's a good achievement. The fact is that some five years ago there was practically no infrastructure for contactless payments in the country and far from all points of sale were equipped with a terminal.