Die Aktivität von Krypto-Betrügern stieg 2020 um 40%
Bolster analysts have prepared a report on the prevalence of scams and all sorts of frauds in the cryptosphere
It turned out that with the aggravation of the pandemic, the number of fraudsters deceiving and stealing cryptocurrencies has increased. Compared to 2019, this figure is 40% higher in 2020.
The report says that in 2021 the situation will be even worse, as the number of cases is constantly growing. According to forecasts, the activity of fraudsters this year will grow by 75% compared to 2020.
The report analysed 300 million sites. At the same time, more than 400,000 cryptocurrency-related frauds were found on them.
CTO Bolster commented on the findings. According to him, fraud in any form causes huge damage to the strengthening of trust in cryptocurrencies. As Bitcoin and altcoins penetrate the masses, this problem needs to be solved.
The main types of deceptions on the Internet are associated with fake pranks, receiving emails about winning a competition or lottery, as well as various giveaway from signs.
Top 3 based on the Bolster report:
- Most often forged social networks of such celebrities - Elon Musk, John McAfee, and Yusaku Maezawa (Maezawa Yūsaku).
- The most popular stolen coins are BTC, ETH, LINK.
- Among cryptocurrency exchanges most often forged shares from Binance, Coinbase and Gemini.
Note that if you subscribe to our Facebook account, you may have seen fraudulent pranks on behalf of CoinShark. We don't have pranks or giveaway. They're crooks. Don't fall for their trick!
In order not to become a victim of scams, you must soberly assess the information received:
- If the offer looks too tempting, 100% of the time is a scam!
- If you have to pay your money to get something, it's a scam!
Read CoinShark, and be vigilant!