How to Cancel A Bitcoin Transaction? What to Do if a Transaction Froze?
The user database of the Bitcoin network is growing every year. The novelty of the industry implies the presence on the market of a large number of non-professional investors. They, because of lack of experience or by trivial inattention, can voluntarily lose their digital assets, simply by sending them to the wrong wallet. In this article we'll talk about why you cannot just cancel a BTC transaction and what to do if it froze. Contents: (please, click the topic to scroll down to it)
- Is it possible to cancel a BTC transaction?
- Why is it impossible to return Bitcoins?
- The transaction isn’t responding, what should I do?
- a sudden break in the Internet signal;
- setting a too small commission fee.
- First, you need to make sure whether the operation is actually suspended or whether the queue has just not yet arrived. Open Block Explorer, it will be indicated there.
- Next, go to the debugging console (Help-Window-Debug-Console);
- Get a private key from your wallet.
- Export private access keys to all bitcoin addresses, on which there are funds.
- After that, close the application and delete the wallet.
- Again run the client of the wallet program, create a new wallet and import private keys. Prepare that this process will take a sufficient amount of time.
- Done. In the new wallet, access to blocked funds will be resumed. In this way, you can undo an unconfirmed Bitcoin transaction.