What is Browser-Based Mining and How Much Can You Earn on It in 2018?
Mining has attracted an increasing number of people in the last couple of years, but, unfortunately, this sphere remains unattainable for many of them due to the relatively high entry threshold (equipment purchases, maintenance needs, etc.). There is an opportunity for such people to start doing browser-based mining without investing money. In this article we will discuss the subject of browser mining of Bitcoins and other coins, we will explain how much you can actually make on this and what steps need to be taken to start out. Contents: (please, click the topic to scroll down to it)
- The main features of browser-based mining, its advantages and disadvantages
- How much can you earn on browser-based mining?
- Step-by-step instruction for starting browser-based mining
1. The main features of browser mining, its advantages and disadvantagesWeb mining involves the extraction of certain coins through software that is located on the site server and uses the resources of the CPU of the user's computer. It should be noted that this process can proceed both with the permission of the user and without. Some dishonest webmasters use this technique to monetize their site, without informing their visitors about it. This method was quite popular last year, but over time browser developers began to struggle with hidden web mining and the relevance in this dishonest method of enrichment disappeared. Beginners who want to try out this field can start mining coins in this way. Here there is no entry threshold, therefore, everyone who has access to the Internet can engage in cryptocurrency mining without investing. To do this, you do not even need to install special software on a computer or laptop. It's enough to register with certain services and open the desired page in the browser to start the browser-mining procedure in 2018.
2. How much can you earn on browser-based mining?The main disadvantage of this kind of activity is its close-to-nothing profit. The fact is that the performance of the browser-mining script is substantially lower than coin mining through the CPU. If even CPU mining is not particularly relevant and in most cases brings losses, since it does not even pay off the electricity bills, then what can be said about its browser-based "younger brother"? If we talk about some specific amounts of earnings, it should be noted that they will depend on many factors. For example, browser-based mining of Monero or any other altcoin is much more profitable than browser mining of Bitcoin. It is quite difficult to say web-mining of which particular coin is the most profitable at the moment. It depends on:
- rate of a coin;
- total number of miners;
- computational complexity of the system;
3. Step-by-step instruction for starting browser-based miningIn general, we have already figured out what is web mining and what prospects it has. Now let's take a closer look at the list of sites for browser mining. It should be noted that this is not a complete list of conscientious services that actually pay coins to their users for web mining. You need to be very careful, because there are a lot of scam projects that promise a good reward, but in the end do not pay a penny. Browser-based mining sites include the following:
- FreeBitcoin. It is already clear from its name that this service offers to obtain the world’s #1 cryptocurrency - BTC.
- BrowserMine. This service provides an opportunity to set the computing power that will be used for mining, thus, you can decide how much to earn.
- Webmining. The functionality of this service does not differ from the abovementioned ones. The focus of the service is the referral system, where you can receive up to 60% of the profits of invited users.