Cryptocurrency industry is developing very rapidly. A few years ago, only a limited circle of people knew about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in particular. Today we see the opposite situation. Now the word “Bitcoin” is known to almost any modern person. But these knowledges do not spread themselves, a large number of people around the world are engaged in this. Such people are called crypto-enthusiasts. They are ardent supporters and popularizers of the new technology. One of these individuals will be discussed in our article today. So let’s talk about Andreas Antonopoulos, his activities and books.
(please, click the topic to scroll down to it)
- Who is Andreas Antonopoulos?
- Amazing story about donates
- TOP books about cryptocurrencies by Andreas Antonopoulos
Andreas uses a special prestige in the cryptocurrency world. He is not only an ardent supporter of Bitcoin, but also the one of leading experts in this field. He shares with the world not only advantages of cryptocurrency, he also talks about pitfalls of the industry. Nowadays Andreas is often invited to various television programs, which are related to the subject of cryptocurrency.
But the way to financial independence was quite long and not easy for Antonopoulos. For the first time, Andreas heard about Bitcoin in 2012. After that, he left behind his career as a consultant and fully went to the deep into the world of cryptocurrency. At that time he did not have a permanent financial income, he lived at the expense of his pension fund. But by the end of 2013, this fund also got emptied. Finally, 2014 was the tipping point in life of Andreas, and his work began to bring him a good income. It took 2 more years for Andreas to pay off all the debts he had managed to borrow.
“Andreas is one of the most eloquent speakers on the topic of Bitcoin, but if he had invested even $300 in bitcoin back in 2012, he’d be a millionaire today.” A message with this text was written by Roger Ver in his Twitter on December 5, 2017.
In response to this tweet, Antonopoulos wrote: “I am not a Bitcoin millionaire. I was working for free, instead of investing, for the first 2 years. Only recently got out of debt. My supporters on Patreon, many at $5/month, make it possible for me to work with independence.”
Andreas is one of the most eloquent speakers on the topic of Bitcoin, but if he had invested even $300 in bitcoin back in 2012, he’d be a millionaire today. https://t.co/GU8mW8FpTe
— Roger Ver (@rogerkver) December 5, 2017
After that, Erik Voorhees joined the conversation:
— Erik Voorhees (@ErikVoorhees) December 6, 2017
Then a real miracle happened – the users gave Andreas in total about 100 BTC during the night. At that moment, the value of that donation was 1.3 million dollars. After that, Antonopoulos thanked everyone and said that he needed several days to realize what had happened:
I am going offline for a few days. I need time to process everything that happened.
If you sent me a message in the last 48 hrs, thank you. If I don't respond for a week or so, I apologize.
— Andreas M. Antonopoulos (@aantonop) December 7, 2017
Despite active and regular activities on various TV shows and crypto conferences, Andreas has written several books that are also devoted to the subject of this industry. Let’s talk more about his works.
- The book “The Internet of Money” consists of a many articles, thoughts, and also interview recordings with famous people in the industry. From this book, it is possible to learn about the reasons of cryptocurrencies emergence, as well as their further development. Andreas published this large-scale work only at the end of 2016.
- The book “Mastering Bitcoin” consists of two editions. The first “Unlocking Digital Cryptocurrencies” reveals the main features of the digital coins world. The second “Programming the Open Blockchain” has a rather deeper immersion in the topic, and it is intended for programmers, since the mechanisms of the blockchain technology functioning are described there in details.
- The book “Mastering Ethereum”: “Building Smart Contracts and Dapps”. The newest book by Andreas Antonopoulos reveals nature of the Ethereum platform. As a result, it turned to be in two times larger by size, than supposed to be (400 pages, instead of 200). This book helps novice developers to go deeper into the world of smart contracts.
Andreas Antonopoulos is one of the most famous personalities in the cryptocurrency industry. This man has proven his commitment to the industry over the years of hard work. His books helped to thousands people around the world to become more familiar with the new technology and understand how it works from the inside. He was absolutely deserved, generously rewarded for this.
Subscribe to The Coin Shark news in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coinshark/