October 31, 2008 White paper of the most famous cryptocurrency in the world, Bitcoin, was published. The author of the publication was a mysterious man Satoshi Nakamoto, whose identity has not been revealed yet. On the birthday of the technical document of the coin, The Coin Shark prepared TOP fascinating historical facts about BTC:
1. Despite the fact that “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System” was published on this day 10 years ago exactly, Bitcoin network itself began operating in early January 2009. Along with it, the first block was found, for which the reward was 50 BTC – a great amount of money today.
2. The first cryptocurrency exchange MtGox appeared in 2011 and became the center of crypto industry at that time. The rate of the coin went up, one BTC’s cost was about 5-6 cents.
3. Erik Finman is the youngest cryptocurrency millionaire in the world. He is 19 years old now and he has 403 BTC, which at the current rate is 2.8 million dollars. He bought bitcoins when he was only 12 years old. His grandma gave him $ 1000, which he was supposed to save for college, but he chose the path of a cryptocurrency investor. As time has shown, he made the right choice.
4. On May 22, 2010, two most expensive pizzas in history were sold. At that time, the cost of bitcoins was nominal, and the first miners simply did not know where to put their “candy wrappers”. One user of a bitcoin forum under the nickname Laszlo wrote that he would pay 10 thousand coins to someone who would deliver him two pizzas. At that time, the deal looked completely normal, at that rate Laszlo did not overpay for his lunch, but already in August of that year, two pizzas cost him $ 600. As of today, Laszlo bought two pizzas for $ 70 million. Bitcoin Pizza Day is celebrated on May 22 every year.
5. The greatest fall in the history of the world first cryptocurrency occurred in April 2013 for 24 hours, when BTC collapsed by 80%.
6. The first Bitcoin ATM was installed in Vancouver, Canada.
7. Only in 2140 will the last Bitcoin be mined.
Subscribe to The Coin Shark news in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coinshark/